Wednesday 9 September 2015

Back-To-School: The perfect pencil case!

Hello!

My name is Zay and I will be handling this blog with helps 12 - 18 aged girls (could be younger or older, I won't judge) in a few choices they'll be making. Not much about proper life lessons, more like the little things we care about.

So in my first post, I'll be helping you choose what to pick up for your back-to-school pencil case.
This is my advice, and you don't need to follow all of it. This is just what I find convenient.

I first recommend getting a hard case. Pouches in which you throw things in do not end up staying very clean - pencil shavings, dirty erasers, etc.. And I personally don't like the throw-things-in type pencil cases.

Here is an example of a hard case. This is what I have purchased from Borders/Paperchase for 13.60$. It is a complete red pencil case with navy blue stars and zipper on it. But I also recommend Kipling's hard cases for school. 



There is a lot of space inside the case, along with very organized pockets. Inside I have kept;

ZIG Art and Graphic Twin pastel felt tips - Purchased from eBay (Link below)

TOSHIBA Matte black 8 GB USB - Purchased from Geant (Dubai)

Apple Macbook USB connecter - Purchased from Apple Store

Pentel Fine point correction pen - Purchased from Geant

Love mini orange sticky notes - Purchased from Borders/Paperchase

BIC Ultra fine point permanent marker - Purchased from Geant

Uni-Ball EYE micro Black waterproof ink pen - Purchased from Geant

Inoxcrom Roller Liquid set of Black, Blue and Red pen - Purchased from Borders/paperchase

Flamingo - Color pen in Black - Purchased with a set of rainbow color pens from Geant


 Faber-Castell Colour grip pencils - Purchased from borders/Paperchase


 (other 2 ZIG felt tips that won't fit the other side)

Stabilo Boss Yellow mini highlighter - Purchased from Geant 

Eraser in a case by Maped - Purchased from Borders/Paperchase

Maped Mini Shaker Blue - Purchased from Borders/Paperchase

Scotch Red and Grey scissors - Purchased from Geant

FantaStick mini glue stick - Purchased from Geant

(not noticeable but will include) Blue Pelikan 15 cm ruler - Purchased from Geant

Army green eraser-back pencils - Purchased from Borders/paperchase


As you can see, my hard case has 2 mesh pockets when it's opened which includes my felt tips, pens, USB etc.. and a page-like pocket where I have stored my colour pencils in. After turning the page pocket, there is a free-roaming side where I store my pencils, eraser, scissors, etc..

Now I want to talk about a few unique items in my pencil case.

First of all - The ZIG pastel felt tips.

You can purchase them from eBay using this link:- http://www.ebay.com/itm/331230014034?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

 ZIG's art and graphic felt tips are wonderful! They're not like your usual felt tips; they're pastel coloured! (colour resolution listed below as next image) 

The last two pens look very similar, but in fact one is cream peach and the second is more of a hazelnut brown shade.

eBay's price listing is around 33$.


These are the colours when they are tried out on paper using both sides of the ZIG markers.
One side is thicker, the other is thin and fine-pointed.

I am holding up the pastel purple shade in 60, which is the 8th colour on the top image.









Next item is whitener or a correction pen. Many teachers do not like the use of this because it could make the page messy. Shouldn't really have any in school, but if you do, I recommend Pental's tube. I would also just keep this in case because, you never know, you might as well need it.








Next and lastly, I want to talk about my little sticky notes, Eraser with the case, and mini highlighter.

I find the little sticky notes so cute and handy. I use them to mark homework on my notebooks with little messages on them. for example; *sticks on English notebook* Complete paragraph. Due next Tuesday.

See? Pretty handy!

Then comes my eraser. I find this case very handy because an eraser can get very dirty being in a pencil case. I want to keep my erasers nice and clean!

Last, my mini highlighter is handy because it's the basic Pelikan highlights, only small in size so it fits easier in your pencil case.



That's all for today's blog post! Hopefully my next one will be up next week.
(I post every Wednesdays) Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment